About Me

My photo
British/Irish Saxophonist, Bassoonist, Composer and Arranger. Queens Park Rangers Season Ticket Holder, Qualified Teacher, Atheist, Barefooter and occasional Political Activist.

Sunday 13 February 2011

New Start

Following a rather traumatic experience in which all the effort I'd put into campaigning for a political cause (and still do) exploded in my face I've decided to set aside the blog that I'd dedicated towards that campaign and start a new one. The previous blog is still out there and those who know about it may continue to refer to it if they wish but I will not be drawing any undue attention to it or contributing to it any further.

So I'm leaving politics behind. I think I've got a fair amount out of it and I certainly put a fair amount into it but in the long-term, politics and I are not all that likely to get on too well.

I'm also about to give my twitter a makeover. There'll be a shedding of twibbons, a new picture and probably a change of name on there so that people not already following me (especially from political spheres) can be allowed to forget about my part in that.

I've got other things to do and document anyway. Last week was the debut appearance of my newly formed band Platonic Curry (http://twitter.com/platoniccurry). As first performances go I really have plenty to be pleased with and with another gig in April and more to be announced soon it's definitely something to be very proud of.

QPR are having a phenomenal season. I was at Loftus Road today in fact. OK we didn't beat Forest but I can't help but feel positive about it. So there'll be plenty to talk about there.

Having decided to make a clean break from politics I've a fair amount of free time on my hands now so I'm always looking for more things to do, not all of them purely music-related, and so there'll be all sorts appearing on here.

I'm also one of those unusual people who really doesn't like wearing shoes, to the point of not letting little things like social convention, inclement weather or good old fashioned dirt stop me from leaving the house without them so just very occasionally I might come across something related to that that's worth reading even to people who ordinarily wouldn't give a stuff. Remember, weirdo yes. But HARMLESS weirdo. It's important. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment