About Me

My photo
British/Irish Saxophonist, Bassoonist, Composer and Arranger. Queens Park Rangers Season Ticket Holder, Qualified Teacher, Atheist, Barefooter and occasional Political Activist.

Sunday 10 April 2011

Making the most of our soon to be exhausted annual sun quota

Seems Britain is getting it's sun ration in early this year. It's been glorious largely, and this is great for me as it coincides with some work I'm doing that involves doing a lot of walking around outdoors. Loving it.

Today though I surprised myself when on a rare day off I found myself craving exercise. Then again not wearing shoes turns walking from a chore into a real pleasure and with whether like this I really had to make the most of it.

So I went into Harlesden to find a cash machine that a) doesn't charge and b) isn't out of service. I then decided to walk all the way over to Kilburn, mainly to enjoy the walk, but I chose that destination so I could check out the Good Ship, the venue for my next Platonic Curry gig on the 22nd March (Good Friday). They were very accommodating there. One of the guys gave me a quick tour, answered all my questions and even volunteered some more information that I wouldn't have thought to ask for.

By this time I'd worked up quite an appetite so decided to carry on walking until could find somewhere to eat. Ended up going towards Maida Vale, back onto Harrow Road then onto Bayswater. Great exercise for my knees as well - they're a bit fragile, but again, not wearing shoes means I can use all my joints properly and pain free.

Just got back home and can get on with some work I was born to do. No walking involved this time. Instead I feel very privileged to have been head-hunted as an arranger for a swing band recording project.

I thought about including the details of what I ate and how I caught them out nearly overcharging me by 50p, and the fact that I between each mouthful/sip I was tweeting on the #scharnerfacts hashfad, but it'd probably come across as rather banal.

No comments:

Post a Comment